Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, March 31, 2015




Lacey Nobles
30 years old
45 pounds lost

When and why did you decide to start your weight loss journey? 

I started my weight loss journey in January of 2014. I started because my self-esteem was low and I was tired of not having energy. It had been a very long time since I was happy with myself and my body. I was going through a lot of struggles during that time of my life so I decided it was a new year and to put myself first and start on my journey. I had struggled several times trying to get a good workout going and eating healthier. I would lose some weight and put it back on. That summer I completed the 60 day Insanity program and had awesome results. It not only made me feel better but it boosted my confidence knowing I could complete such a hard program and lose the weight without yo-yo dieting.

What keeps you motivated along your journey?

The way my clothes fit. I have gone down several sizes in clothes. I feel more confident and happy. When I lose my motivation I just look at my pics when I first started and remind myself of how unhappy I was when I first started.

What are your fitness goals?

I would like to lose the last 5-10 pounds or just get more tone. I should be proud because this is my weight when I was 19 years old.

What does your weekly exercise schedule look like?

I decided to start Insanity Max. I love all Shaun T workouts. Insanity Max is 6 days a week and I also integrate running and hiking with that workout.

What nutritional goals do you strive for?

I have a hard time eating completely healthy because I am such a picky eater. I would like to eat more protein and add more vegetables in my diet. I have gone more towards a clean eating diet. I do still allow myself to cheat every now and then so I don't feel deprived.

What “tips and / or tricks” do you have for others?

The hardest part is to be able to change your mind frame and tell yourself that you CAN do it. Unfortunately, when you’re unhappy with your weight and how you feel our brains tell us; this is the way it is, you can't do that, and so many more negative comments. I’m here to tell you that you CAN do it. Whether you go to the gym, workout at home, go running, etc. you have to make the step in the right direction. When you wake up sore or tired and you don't want to work out tell yourself don't let the negativity win because in that situation once you work out you will be proud and know that you did it. Tell yourself that you are worth it! Always take one step at a time. Start with small goals to achieve your biggest goal. Treat or reward yourself along the way.

How has your life changed since the start of your weight loss journey?

I am without a doubt so much happier. I feel confident in my clothes. I have been able to motivate others struggling in their journeys. Yesterday I went through all my clothes and got rid of all of them that were too big and no longer fit. I will never go back to that weight or the unhappy person I was.

What are some of your favorite motivational thoughts and / or quotes that inspire you?

In my bathroom I placed a cork board on the wall. I have placed motivational quotes, pictures, and old pictures of myself to see every morning knowing how far I have come and the motivation to keep going. There aren't any specific quotes I like. I would tell you to make yourself a motivational board where you can see it every day.

Click -> Lacey to follow her Journey on Facebook


0 comments: