Powered by Blogger.
Friday, March 13, 2015


I love a good sweet treat every now and then ... so you better believe I was SUPER EXCITED to come across these two recipes:  A Mug Cake and Banana Oatmeal Cookies, they are husband and kid tested and approved, even requested on a daily basis now and I just made them for the first time last week :) 
Now I have seen several versions of the mug cake on Pinterest, so I used several of them and modified a little to suite me :)
The Banana Oatmeal Cookies are a spin on the Cookies in the 21 Day Fix Plan

Mug Cake Ingredients: 
1 Scoop Chocolate Shakeology
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 Tbsp. Honey (feel free to use whatever sweetener you like here)
1 Egg
3 Tbsp. 1% Milk / Water
1 tsp. Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. PB2
1 tsp. Almond Butter (optional for the topping after it cooks)

Mug Cake Directions: 
Mix Shakeology, Baking Powder, Cocoa Powder, PB2 together in a mug.  Add Egg, Honey, Milk, mix until "cake like".  Cook in the microwave for 60 seconds, possibly longer depending on your microwave.  Cake will pull away from the mug when it is done. Top with Almond Butter ... ENJOY!

For all you Fixers, the Mug Cake would be 1 1/2 Red and 2 tsp (if you use the optional Almond Butter topping, 1 if not used) 



Banana Oatmeal Cookies Ingredients: (Sorry no pictures, they were gone too fast)

4 Ripe Bananas
2 Cups Oatmeal (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free) 
Ground Cinnamon (I let my son do this part so it wasn't measured) 
1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips

Banana Oatmeal Cookie Directions:
Mix all the ingredients together, spoon into balls on a cookie sheet (I sprayed mine with cooking spray) and Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes. 

Makes 16 Large Cookies.  For all you Fixers, 2 cookies would be a serving = 1 yellow container + chocolate chips (not too sure how to account for those) 

0 comments: