Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Heather's Story: I started my journey 6 years ago. I was overweight and tired of my pants not fitting. I joined a gym and started working out. I had been working out for about three months. I would do the elliptical and some light weights. One day all the machines were taken and I was stuck with a treadmill. I decided to run. This was the first time I ran a mile since high school. I thought I was going to die! It hurt so bad, and it took me forever to finish. I had such bad shin splints I had to wait for them to go away before I could drive home. Something ignited inside of me, despite the pain I went back the next day and did it all over again. Eventually it got easier. I started losing weight and felt good about myself. I started counting my calories and began to lose even more weight. Six years and a baby later I have kept 20 lbs. off! I ran 3 miles every other day for 5 years! A year ago after I had my baby I wanted to meet new people in our community. I decided to join a running club since I loved running so much. I met so many incredible people and that it added fuel to my passion and I became a long distance runner. In the last year I have ran a marathon, 5 half marathons with a PR of 1:45:26 and a handful of 10 and 5k's. My focus isn't so much on calories anymore as it is on nutrition. I love how good eating healthy makes me feel that I want to share it with others. This is my story and I hope you continue my journey with me and share yours as well.

Heather’s mission is to inspire others to live a healthy active lifestyle. She fulfills her mission through her home business that she runs 100% online as a health and fitness coach. 

You can follow Heather on the following social media:

0 comments: