Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Jen Cummins
32 years old
Total weight loss to date - 83 pounds

When and why did you decide to start your weight loss journey?
I’ve struggled with my weight my entire life.  Then in 2011, I decided it was time to get healthy and lost 60 pounds and was the healthiest I had been my adult life!! And then, I unexpectedly got pregnant. Due to back spasms I was unable to work out my entire pregnancy. I craved and ate fast food two or three times a day which led me to gain 68 pounds! June 28, 2013, I decided it was time to get start taking time for myself.  I really began my journey to becoming a healthy role model for my daughter.  I lost weight through counting calories using myfitnesspal and working out. Then in January of 2014, I ordered a challenge pack and became a Beachbody Coach.

What keeps you motivated along your journey?
My daughter, she’s currently 2.5 years old.   My goal is to be that healthy, strong, active role model in her life.

What are your fitness goals?
I’ve been overweight my entire life, so I just strive to be the healthiest and strongest adult I can be.  My ultimate goal is to be able to complete a full marathon!

What does your weekly exercise schedule look like?
Currently I’m training for my first ½ marathon, so I exercise 6 days a week; 3 of them running and the other 3 doing strength training and stretching. Some programs I enjoy and have done in my journey include: 10 Minute Trainer, p90x3, p90 and turbofire. I also enjoy heavy lifting and running.

What nutritional goals do you strive for?
I strive to eat healthy and clean about 80/20.  I normally stick to plan M-F and then on the weekends I let myself indulge.  I however was really strict and didn’t indulge until I hit my first long term goal, which was to be under 200 pounds.

What “tips and / or tricks” do you have for others? 
My workout advice to others is to start small.  Start with a goal of walking 2 days a week, then once that becomes routine, add on to it.  As far as nutrition goes, I think meal prepping on the weekend is a must.  If your meals are already prepared and you only have to reheat once you get home, you’re more likely to stay on plan and eat healthy.

How has your life changed since the start of your weight loss journey?
It’s changed tremendously.  I have self-confidence, I’m strong, I’m the healthiest weight I’ve ever been, I’m in the smallest clothing I’ve ever been, I feel comfortable in my own body and just love myself.  I know I can still improve but I’m VERY proud at how far I’ve come and can’t wait to see where I can go.

What are some of your favorite motivational thoughts and / or quotes that inspire you? 
One of my favorites is from Tony Horton:  Do your best, forget the rest; Anything is possible with hard work and dedication; One workout at a time.  One day at a time.  One meal at a time; Fitness is 100% mental.  Your body won’t go where your mind won’t push it; A huge part of losing weight is believing you can do it and realizing it won’t happen overnight; If you believe you can, you’re halfway there.   – These are some of my favorites.  I love to find new quotes on Pinterest.  But honestly, once you get out of your head/mind the “I can’ts or I wish I could….you’ll succeed with a little hard work and dedication.

You can follow Jen's Journey by liking her facebook page.  

0 comments: