Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, September 13, 2016

What a BEAUTIFUL transformation!!! Great Job, Amanda. I am super proud of you and happy to call you a friend. Read Amanda's great story below -- Nicole Schmuker at Wholesome and Fit


I started my journey about 4 years ago. I weighed in at 300 lbs. The day of my wedding I was so excited to see the pics. I went down the next day to develop the film ... well after seeing the pics I realized that even though I knew I was beautiful that day, I was not at all happy ... I decided it was time to change that. 

After a few years of yo-yo diets, gaining and losing weight, trying hard but not really making it, I decided weight loss surgery was the way for me. I didn't want gastric because I just needed a hand/helper, so I choose the lap band. On June 28, 2012 I went in for surgery. Since that day my life has been nothing but new beginnings and happiness. I lost about 50 lbs with the help of the band,. 


After that I got stuck again, but instead of letting it get the best of me, I joined a gym. I started lifting weights and clean eating. I lost another 50 lbs on my own. I plateaued again in 2015. So, I hired a coach and I lost an additional 30 lbs. Weighing in at 169 lbs, I made the decision to compete in March of 2015, and I have been getting bigger and badder ever since. 


On June 25, 2016, weighing in at 150 lbs, I competed in my first body building competition in the figure division. I WON 3RD PLACE. OMG … what a dream, what a day. My head still spins when I think of what I have done with my body. 


Now, as of August, I have gained back 20 lbs because "stage lean" is not a healthy weight that I can maintain. My current weight is 170 lbs and I feel amazing. I’m currently in a lean bulk to add some muscle size to hopefully get 1st place in the next competition. BIG GOALS! BIG DREAMS! I hope to one day earn my pro card in figure. 


I’m waiting at the moment for my health insurance to approve skin removal surgery for an abdominoplasty and breast lift due to my huge weight loss. I will also have my lap band removed not due to failure of the device but because (as my weight surgeon says) "I’m a Rock Star" LOL. The band just no longer works with my lifestyle and is really slowing me down from my goals. I’m confident that I will succeed in all my goals because that is what I do ... LOL. 


My biggest goal in life is to help. I just want every woman, man, and child to know that the work isn’t easy but it's all WORTH IT. Change is possible with dedication and motivation to reach your goals. Anything is possible if you WANT it bad enough.

Thanks,

Amanda Ponusky

https://www.facebook.com/amandasnewfitlife/?fref=ts

0 comments: