Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Liz Bollini
32 (until Jan 26, lol!)
30lbs weight loss

When and why did you decide to start your weight loss journey?
I decided to get motivated to start living healthy in January of 2011.  I was sick and tired of not feeling good in my own skin and my clothes not fitting right.  I knew I needed to change so I could get back to my happy, confident self for me and my family.

What keeps you motivated along your journey?
My family is my "why" for doing this.  They are my #1 priority and I need to be authentically me so that I can be happy and give them my 100% self. They deserve that.

What are your fitness goals?
My fitness goals now are just to be better than I was the day before, continue to live healthy and inspire others along the way.

What does your weekly exercise schedule look like?
My weekly exercise schedule consists of 6 days a week of working out Monday-Saturday, at least 30 minutes of some sort of exercise.  I like to mix it up with at home workouts that consist of cardio, HIIT training & strength training with weights.  I also teach PiYO at a local gym, so I consider that my weekly stretch workout.  Stretch is so important, don't skip this vital part of working out!

What nutritional goals do you strive for?
Nutritionally I aim to eat as clean as possible 80% of the time, meaning I stick to whole foods, lots of veggies, fruit, whole grains, healthy fats and lean meats.

What “tips and / or tricks” do you have for others?
My best advice is to look at fitness and clean eating as a lifestyle and as a journey that is continuous.  The sooner you can wrap your brain around the fact that this is your LIFE and it will always be a part of your daily routine, the sooner you will adapt to just living this way and it's not a chore or a fad anymore.  With nutrition, get good at reading food labels.  If it has more than 10g of sugar in it put it back.  Eat whole foods, think to yourself, 'Did this come from the earth?', if it didn't and it's packaged, boxed or bagged, it's not the best for you.  And if you can't pronounce an ingredient on the food label, you probably shouldn't be eating it.

How has your life changed since the start of your weight loss journey?
Oh wow, how has it not changed, more like it!  4 years when I started this journey I was someone who was 30lbs overweight, shy, insecure, no goals and no purpose, I was just going through the motions working my 9-5 job as a marketing executive.  I guess you could say I was existing, not living.  Fast forward to now, I am nowhere near the same person I was 4 years ago.  I'm extremely happy, confident, goal oriented and have since built an at home fitness business that now serves thousands of people in helping them achieve not only their fitness goals, but their life goals.  I teach people how to LIVE and not just exist. Health and fitness is just the path I choose to take to get them there.

What are some of your favorite motivational thoughts and / or quotes that inspire you?
I've always loved the saying, "You are the 5 people you choose to surround yourself with, choose wisely".    Why?  Well, I truly believe it takes more than just healthy eating and working out to achieve your fitness goals and keep them long term.  Anyone can lose weight by doing those things, the struggle and challenge is to maintain it and live it.  If you don't have people around you who have the same frame of mind that you do pushing you to be better than you were the day before then eventually you get lost in the mix and lose sight of your purpose.  Surround yourself with like-minded people, who have your best interest in mind.



You can follow Liz on the following social media sites
www.lizbollini.com
www.youtube.com/lizbollini
www.facebook.com/liz.bollini



0 comments: