Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, March 3, 2015

My desire to start WHOLESOME &FIT came from my most recent weight loss journey, which began after having my second child in June of 2012. I began my journey with the desire to lose weight, to drop 100 pounds. So far I have successfully lost 85 pounds! Somewhere along my journey I had an epiphany – a major change in my frame of mind.  I am not sure exactly when this happened, but it sent me down a new path.  Now I love myself, with all my imperfections (and my perfections, too J) and I want to live a healthy, active, and fit lifestyle for the rest of my days.

I am accomplishing my fit, healthy, awesome version of myself by eating as "clean" as possible, I am currently on my second round of the 21 Day Fix (I LOVE this program).  I am also exercising every day of the week, I am currently on day 44 of my Run Streak and the 21 Day Fix is a 7 day a week workout program. 

To be completely honest, I have plateaued, several times throughout the last two and a half years.  I have had huge weight loss weeks, no weight loss weeks, weight gain weeks. I have actually been the same weight since October of 2013, but I do not let that get me down. The truth is, however, I have had many “non-scale” victories.  I've gone from a size 22 to a size 12, from wearing an XXL to wearing mediums and larges.  I have built muscles, I am running faster, and I am losing inches.  In fact I am wearing the same size clothing I was wearing when I met my husband in April of 2004.   

I eat gluten free due to having been diagnosed with Celiac 11 years ago, and I have recently cut out a great deal of dairy and sugars.  The healthier I eat, the better I feel and the more energy I have. I am currently figuring out that I am fueling my body with food, not eating just to eat. 


I have not reached my goal weight, yet. I have another 15 pounds to go. After I reach my goal weight, however, starts the real work – maintaining my new weight.  Through clean eating, regular exercise, and positive collaboration with like-minded individuals, I know I will reach my goal and maintain my new weight.

I look forward to working with you, learning from you, and hearing your story. I invite you to join me on this journey and I hope it will become our journey!




You can follow me :) on the following social media: 

0 comments: