Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, May 26, 2015


 Liz Whan - 33 years old - 40 lbs Lost

When and why did you decide to start your weight loss journey?
Originally started in 2013 but got really serious in Nov 2014. I started because I was tired of feeling awful and not having energy and just feeling gross.

What keeps you motivated along your journey?
Seeing progress keeps me motivated! The scale doesn’t move fast for me but my body has completely changed over the last 6 months. I take a lot of photos to see my progress.

What are your fitness goals?
I want to one day become a personal trainer, so I would like to become fit enough to be able to do that.

What does your weekly exercise schedule look like?
Mondays and Wednesdays I take a 1 hour Zumba class. Tuesdays I am with my trainer for 1 hours. Thursdays I am with my trainer for 1 hour and then take her 1 hour class. Fridays just depends on what class is offered but usually another hour long class or I take Fridays off and go to Kan-goo class on Sundays. I try to walk at least 1-2 times during the week also for 1.5 miles.

What nutritional goals do you strive for?
don't have any off limit foods ... I try to remember moderation at all times. But I also try to keep in mind how many carbs I am eating and to keep that low because I am controlling my blood sugar through diet and exercise.

What “tips and / or tricks” do you have for others?
don't believe in restriction diets because I believe that leads to binges. So if you are craving a sweet, have a small one. Surround yourself by others that are striving to become healthy so you have a good support system.

How has your life changed since the start of your weight loss journey?
I am definitely more confident! I have discovered a love for fitness that I didn’t know I had and have discovered a strength inside me.

What are some of your favorite motivational thoughts and / or quotes that inspire you? 
Strive for progress NOT perfection!!  
Mistakes are proof that you are trying. 
Will it be easy? Nope! Worth it? Absolutely
I already know what giving up feels like, I want to see what happens if I don’t




Follow and support Liz on her journey at www.facebook.com/findingme33



0 comments: