Powered by Blogger.
Friday, August 29, 2014


Oh My Vegetables!!!



My kids and I visited a neighbor’s garden yesterday and he gifted us a TON of vegetables and herbs. Home grown carrots, Swiss Chard, round squash, yellow squash, zucchini, kale, jalapenos, mint, and basil are just a few of the amazing vegetables and herbs that this wonderful man gave us.  




We ate round squash with chicken, or “Squash Bowls” (my son named them) for lunch yesterday.  We grilled yellow squash, onions and chicken for dinner last night.  This morning we ate yellow squash and eggs for breakfast.  We also made a Swiss Chard Pesto, that is delicious!




Both yesterday and today my kids have eating carrots like they were going out of style. It is a great feeling to watch them chose such a healthy snack over and over to eat. What an experience this has been for all of us. Words can not express how much joy it brought me seeing how much fun my kids had picking and collecting the vegetables!





0 comments: